The ResQ-Window™ is a vision panel window for fire curtains which can be installed into a Coopers Fire fire curtain allowing building occupants and first responders to see through the curtain after it has been deployed.
Applications: Lobbies and Receptions, Opening in Walls, Egress and Corridor Separations, Compartmentation, Stairs and Escalators, Lifts and Lift Lobbies, Protected Means of Escape
ResQ-Window™ is a patented translucent fire proof flexible material that can be installed into a Coopers Fire fire curtain allowing building occupants and first responders to see through the curtain after it has been deployed.
Patent pending GB2575746. Click Here to find out more
ResQ-Window™ can withstand temperatures in excess of 1000oC with 2 hours integrity (E120) and compliant to BS EN 1634-1 and UL 10D. The curtain with a vision panel is designed for:
- Escape routes incorporating doorways and corridors
- Lift openings and lobbies
- Areas where Fire Marshals and the Fire and Rescue Service may need to assess prior to entry
BS 9999 and Approved Document B both reference the requirement and benefits of vision panels used in fire safety in occupied buildings.
The ResQ-Window™ can be positioned to allow a low and high level view through the curtain if required.
- See through a deployed curtain as a means of escape
- Safely egress from lifts
- Suitable for lift lobby muster points
- First responder can clear a building faster
- First responder can see the presence of an occupant on the other side of a curtain
- First responder can see the presence of fire on the other side of a curtain
- First responder can see the presence of smoke on the other side of a curtain
- BS EN 1634-1 and UL 10D compliant
Approximate size of window = 415mm (h) x 270mm (w)
FOR FIRE PROTECTION CLASSES EXPLAINED – click here