Coopers Fire raised £1,400 for the Fire Fighters Charity by taking part in the Great South.
On the 15th & 16th of October a group of Coopers Fire staff from across the business took on The Great South Run in support of the Fire Fighters Charity. Along side our monthly charity dress down we raised a huge £1,400.
Fire safety and preservation of life are at the heart of everything we do at Coopers which is why we chose to run the Great South Run in support of the Fire Fighters Charity.
The Fire Fighters Charity The charity offers specialist, lifelong support for members of the UK fire services community, empowering individuals to achieve mental, physical and social wellbeing throughout their lives.
And why the Great South Run? The GSR is local to our main office in Waterlooville and has been the world’s most famous 10-mile runs for over 30 years. Starting and finishing on the glorious seafront, the event provides stunning running at every turn and passes iconic landmarks including the Historic Dockyard, HMS Victory and Southsea Castle. It’s a run for everyone, of all ages and abilities – an inclusive celebration of running, with music blazing, crowds buzzing, legs pumping and fists bumping.
Please join us in in congratulating all of our runners:
- James Reed – Operations Manager
- Piotr Meller – Buyer / Purchasing
- Waldo Barzycki – Site Auditor – UK Contracts
- Corinne Hill – Accounts Payable
- Sean Payne – Dispatch Operative
- Mike Appleton – Technical Engineer
- Tim Appleton – Production Operator / Electrics
- Danny Haynes – Dispatch Operative / Driver
- Cihan Sen – Production Operator / Electrics
- Jamie Whellans – Domestic Sales Executive
- Lee Swinford – Management Accountant
And of course, thank you to everyone who donated.