The FireMaster Concertina “Closed” with Smoke Control is the first and only fire curtain of its kind on the market. After rigorous testing at Warrington Fire, Coopers Fire are proud to announce that the FireMaster Concertina “Closed” now has the optional added benefit of smoke control to BS EN 1634-3 and certified to BS 8524.
The pioneering FireMaster Concertina “Closed” fire curtain with smoke control allows it to be used in a variety of applications in different building types, removing the requirement for columns or corner posts and intrusive ceiling interfaces and provides high performance fire protection and smoke control allowing for open plan designs.
The Concertina can be configured in a variety of bespoke sizes and shapes, like a square, circle or trapezoid. In fact, the Concertina can be configured in most closed shapes in unlimited spans and can be designed to suit an array of sizes thereby offering fire and smoke safety solutions to suit complex building designs.
- Smoke Control – The FireMaster Concertina “Closed” with smoke control is the first Concertina fire curtain on the market compliant to BS EN 1634-3 (Fire resistance and smoke control tests for door and shutter assemblies, openable windows and elements of building hardware. Smoke control test for door and shutter assemblies)
- Standard Configuration – Square, Rectangular, Circular and Trapezoid shapes for the FireMaster Closed Concertina products are available
- Customised Configuration – FireMaster Closed designs can be configured to suit a variety of non-standard shapes and sizes
- No Columns and Corner Posts Required – No support posts required, the Concertina offers open plan environments
Warringtonfire are a market leader in certification, testing and inspection. They exist to help make certain that the materials, products and processes they test, inspect and certify for their customers are always safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose. Warringtonfire have tested our “FireMaster Concertina “Closed” with Smoke Control” attesting to its compliance with high industry standards, ensuring its reliability and effectiveness in fire and smoke containment.
COMPLIANCY AND FEATURES
- The FireMaster Concertina “Closed” is certified to BS 8524-1:2013
- The FireMaster Concertina “Closed” with smoke control fire curtain barrier has been tested for fire resistance to the requirements of BS EN 1634-1:2014 for ‘Fire Resistance’
- The FireMaster Concertina fire curtain is a unique folded vertical fire curtain barrier system that is compliant to BS 8524-1 to protect from fire for up to 240 minutes
- Tested to BS EN 1634-3:2004 in accordance with BS 8524-1:2013 Annex F not exceeding 3m³/m/hour
- Staircase (Accommodation)
- Stairs and Escalators
PERIOD OF FIRE RESISTANCE
Barriers up to 5m in height have been approved for 4 hours (240 mins) fire-resistance integrity. For barriers up to 8m high are approved for 2 hours (120 mins).