Coopers Fire are committed to protecting the health and safety of all employee’s and visitors and to operate to Zero-Harm principles.
- All accidents can be prevented.
- No task is so important that risk to injury to people is justified.
- Effective H&S management is a critical foundation for sustainable management.
- To consult, involve and listen to our employees on matters affecting their Health and Safety.
- To strive for no harm to people through, Zero Fatalities, Zero RIDDOR, Zero Major Accidents.
- To show leadership in the field of H&S management.
- To work in a responsible and sustainable manner.
- Provide adequate control of the health and safety risks identified.
- To provide resource required to make this policy and our H&S arrangements effective.
- Promote Near Miss reporting to reduce the chance of potential accidents.
Coopers Fire management will meet these objectives by:
- Promoting a positive culture based on improving our H&S performance.
- Complying with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Eliminating hazards, practices and behaviours that could cause accidents, injuries, or illness.
- Providing training and resources for staff to maintain safe systems of work.
- Employing people who aspire to the same H&S standards and provide relevant training.
- Reporting on H&S performance, measured against objectives and targets.
- Providing and maintaining safe plant and equipment.
- Ensuring safe handling and use of substances.
- Evaluating and continuously improving through audits and management reviews.
To help achieve our objectives and ensure our employees recognise their duties under health and safety legislation whilst at work, we will also inform them of their duty to take reasonable care for themselves and for others who might be affected by their activities. We achieve this by explaining their duty and setting out our company health and safety rules in the Employee Safety handbook which is made available to every employee working for us.
This policy applies to al sites within Coopers Fire and any activities carried out by Coopers Fire staff in external locations.
This commitment to Health and Safety is our highest priority and will not be compromised.
This policy has been approved by:
Date: 14/10/2022 Review 12 months from date.