Job Title – Uk Domestic Sales Surveyor / Auditor
Posted – 29th March 2021
Location – Waterlooville, Hampshire
Job Type: Full Time
Summary of Role
This role will provide support to the Project Management team through undertaking site surveys for Domestic projects pre and post order, and therefore also assist the UK Sales team to maximize order intake at the required margins.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the UK Domestic Sales Executive to make every effort to convert enquiries into orders.
- Supporting the homeowner/builder with technical information and explaining how our products can be integrated into the building by visiting sites and showing what will be required for installation.
- Surveying client sites in readiness of installing Coopers’ products, agreeing on dimensions for manufacture
- Make the client fully aware of the post-install requirements regarding Service and Maintenance
- Using Coopers processes and software to record information gathered at site survey
- Support and liaise with the company’s Estimating department relating to building design and construction contractor enquiries.
- Assist the UK Domestic Sales Executive to ensure the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system is kept up to date.
- Pre-start checks to ensure that the site is ready for the install to commence
- Liaising with site contacts/contractors to ensure everything is in place for Coopers installation teams
- Auditing installed Coopers products to check for install quality and functionality
- Liaising with the client on and off-site
- Demonstrate the completed installation to the end-user, showing functionality and reset facility
- Feedback to the business and CRM competitor activity.
- Support the continuous development of the Quality Management System adopting improvements to continuously improve the customer’s experience
- Undertake product training on all Coopers systems (via the technical department)
- Undertake training on BS8524 and other relevant standards (via the technical department)
- Carry out such additional responsibilities as may be considered necessary by the Management
You must be flexible and willing to work at various locations and environments. There may be a requirement to work out of hours, you may be required to stay away overnight on occasions (accommodation provided).
- CSCS Card
- Health & Safety qualification
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working within the Construction Sector
- Previous and proven sales liaison experience.
- Ability to read drawings and interpret technical requirements
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Experience gained within a similar role ideally with knowledge of the construction industry and life safety systems would be ideal
- Experience working with Fire Curtains/Smoke curtains or life safety equipment would be an advantage.
- 3 years in a similar role
- Worked in a manufacturing environment.
- Worked in a construction industry related business.
- Worked in a project orientated or heavily bespoke product environment.
- Fire and/or Safety Background.
The role requires a blend of:
- Good Communicator
- Being customer-focused
- Excellent technical skills
- Demonstrable track record of effective resolve
- A “Can do” attitude gained ideally within a fast-moving industrial environment.
- Able to work under pressure
- Be able to prioritise
Key Results Areas
- Deliver a first-class Survey, safely, timely & accurately
- Customer satisfaction.
- UK (domestic and residential) order intake and sales, quotation to order conversion.
- Quoted order margins.
Please send a C.V. to:
HR Department Coopers Fire, Ignis House, Houghton Avenue, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO7 3DU. UK
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org