Job Title – domestic uk sales manager
Posted – 15th December 2020
Location – Waterlooville, Hampshire
Reports to: Director of Sales
Job Type: Full Time
Summary of Role
To maximize sales and order intake at the required margins by identifying new opportunities, generating leads and converting the leads into firm orders. This is achieved by understanding the market, creating a good network of potential influencers, specifiers and order placers, generating a value proposition and communicating internally customers’ present and future requirements e.g. features, challenges, lead times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Seek, research and develop new UK, domestic and residential market opportunities for the company’s products and services.
- Progress all UK, domestic and residential sales enquiries and make every effort to convert the lead into an order at the required margins.
- Engage with designers, specifiers and contractors with a view to generating and/or converting a quotation.
- Carry out all quotation follow-up calls or contact via the use and management of the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Receive and process orders, and pass to the company’s commercial department.
- Utilise and contribute to the information held on the CRM to create new business and convert opportunities.
- Feedback to the business and CRM competitor activity.
- Identify new market opportunities for lead generation, new product development and potential business ventures.
- Attend any required design or pre-start site meetings.
- Utilise construction industry marketing information software to achieve an improvement on quotation conversion.
- Support and liaise with the company’s estimating department relating to building design and construction contractor enquiries and quotation requests.
- Support and liaise with the company’s marketing department relating to requests for product information, web leads, PR opportunities and exhibitions/CPD opportunities.
- Carry out as required or necessary all sales and Continuous Professional Development (CPD) presentations.
- Carry out any sales and marketing administration duties when and where required by the company.
- Support visits by customers, designers and authority bodies to the company’s premises and/or reference sites.
- Ensure any orders won have a clear definition of all terms and conditions, comprehensively cover the customer requirements, meet the margin requirements and the quote is unambiguous in what is and is not included in the price.
- Support any post order problem resolutions e.g. payments, schedule adherence when requested by other parts of the business.
- Carry out additional work responsibilities when considered necessary by the management.
- Business related or Technical qualification.
- Formal sales training.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous and proven sales experience
- Ability to learn and respond to technical information enquiries.
- Sold products within the ‘high end’ domestic and residential homes market (e.g. kitchens, bathrooms or blinds).
- Worked in a manufacturing environment.
- Worked in a construction industry related business.
- Worked in a project orientated or heavily bespoke product environment.
- Fire and/or Safety Background.
- Results driven.
- Good negotiator.
- Good communicator.
- Customer focus approach.
- High energy.
- Able to take pressure.
- Understanding and empathy with the construction industry.
- IT literate.
- Team player.
- Technically minded.
- Passion and pride in the work carried out and areas of responsibility.
Key Performance Measures/Results Areas
- Customer satisfaction.
- UK (domestic and residential) order intake and sales, quotation to order conversion.
- Quoted order margins.
Please send a C.V. and salary expectations to:
HR Department Coopers Fire, Ignis House, Houghton Avenue, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO7 3DU. UK
or by email to email@example.com