Job Title – Sales administrator
Posted – 12th October 2021
Location – Waterlooville, Hampshire
Reports to: Head of UK Sales
Job Type: Full Time
Summary of Role
To support the UK sales team with their daily activities and enquiries. To generate new business in support of the sales team plus under their own initiative by servicing new enquiries and progressing quotes with the sales team and individually.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow-up opportunity pipe-line, work with sales managers with a view to convert opportunities in to orders.
- Utilise industry data to improve conversion by way of quoting all bidding interested parties.
- Engage with designers, specifiers and contractors with a view to generating and/or converting a quotation.
- Competent to use building contractors online tender portals to obtain all necessary information required for a quotation to be produced.
- Carry out all quotation follow-up calls where required.
- Maintain continuous contact with the opportunity pipeline via the use and management of the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Deliver excellent customer service.
- Utilise and contribute to the information held on the CRM to create new business and convert opportunities.
- Feedback to the business and CRM on competitor activity.
- Receive incoming sales related enquiries.
- Utilise construction industry marketing information software to achieve an improvement on quotation conversion.
- Support and liaise with the company’s estimating department relating to building design and construction contractor enquiries and quotation requests.
- Support and liaise with the company’s marketing department relating to requests for product information, web leads, PR opportunities and exhibitions/CPD opportunities.
- Carry out any sales and marketing administration duties when and where required by the company.
- Support visits by customers, designers and authority bodies to the company’s premises and/or reference sites.
skills, experience & qualifications
- Previous and proven sales experience.
- Ability to learn and respond to technical information enquiries.
- Sold products within the ‘high end’ domestic and residential homes market (e.g. kitchens, bathrooms or blinds).
- Previous and proven customer services experience.
- Formal sales training.
- Business-related or Technical qualification.
- Worked in a manufacturing environment.
- Worked in a construction industry related business.
- Worked in a project orientated or heavily bespoke product environment.
- Fire and/or Safety Background.
- Results driven.
- Good negotiator.
- Good communicator.
- Customer focus approach.
- High energy.
- Able to take pressure.
- Understanding and empathy with the construction industry.
- IT literate.
- Team player.
- Technically minded.
- Passion and pride in the work carried out and areas of responsibility.
key results areas
- Expected CRM levels of accuracy.
- Timely responses to customer enquiries (telephone or email).
- Supporting the sales team with general operations to help reach the team’s objectives.
Please send a C.V. to:
HR Department Coopers Fire, Ignis House, Houghton Avenue, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO7 3DU. UK
or by email to email@example.com