Job Title – Project Design Engineer
Posted – 21st October 2021
Location – Waterlooville, Hampshire
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Summary of Role
The Projects Design Engineer will be a member of the project design team within the engineering department. The Projects Design Engineer will primarily carry out bespoke product design specific and support product line requiring engineering support.
The role will consist of undertaking calculations, production of drawings, specifications and reports, site surveys, construction stage duties, client liaison, communication with other disciplines, project management and costing. An element of project R&D will be required for bespoke work. You will be required to undertake an aspect of responsibility in areas, such as project briefs, expenses and costs, reviewing progress, report writing and representing the company. This will be to support post and pre-order external & internal clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with sales and estimating to assist where necessary with projects and provide training if required on requirements of an engineered solution.
- Liaise with the certification engineer if projects fall outside required certification and gain necessary approvals if required.
- Liaise with contracts department working closely with project managers & installation engineers to deliver projects.
- Carry out all necessary testing in house prior to dispatch where required and ensure install methods for site purposes are communicated.
- Production of manufacturing assembly & installation drawings on all bespoke projects.
- Assist in raising and checking of bespoke allocations Boms.
- Act as point of reference for allocation Boms unlocking within the business
- Ensure that all new projects design data is located within the PDM vault and follow the necessary guidelines for drawing & design approval.
- Report back on additional costings for projects at pre and post order stage.
- Attend external & internal design meetings if required to assist sales.
- Carry out engineering resolution to ECR and IR raised.
- To carry out such additional responsibilities as may be considered necessary by the Management.
- Provide awareness of Quality and Environment Policies to personnel working on sites on behalf of Coopers Fire Ltd and to comply with the Company’s Procedures and Policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science; Master’s degree preferred.
- Has completed Solidworks Essentials Official Training.
- Holds Solidworks Certification Associate and Professional preferred.
knowledge and experience
- Knowledge & experience with the design and manufacture of electromechanical products.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
- Hold knowledge & experience in design & installation within the construction industry and/ or with design products supplied & installed to the construction industry.
- Understanding of sheet metal flat patterns & Solidworks Sheetmetal.
- Knowledge of Solidworks PDM Professional.
- Good ability to work under pressure on multiple projects and deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to work on subjects that are not familiar.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Well organized and good structure to work.
- Ability to identify, break down and solve a variety of difficult technical problems
- Strong aptitude for hands-on engineering.
- Disciplined and well-organized in documentation (plans, requirements, drawings, design reviews).
- Strong 3D Modelling Skills. Using Solidworks, as a design tool during the design process to produce technical drawings for manufacture and installation.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Ability to interpret technical building layout drawings associated with the construction industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Using Excel for engineering calculations.
Please send a C.V. to:
HR Department Coopers Fire, Ignis House, Houghton Avenue, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO7 3DU. UK
or by email to email@example.com