Job Title – Installation supervisor
Posted – 10th May 2021
Location – Waterlooville, Hampshire
Reports to: Head of Commercial and Projects
Job Type: Full Time
Summary of Role
This role covers the support & training of the Coopers CAT teams, along with auditing & on-site solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Project Managers and Installation teams to achieve planned schedules
- Closely manage the installation teams to ensure they stick to budgeted hours and work to the installation plan.
- To liaise on behalf of Projects Managers with customers / suppliers on matters of on-going or future business.
- To assist/provide training to engineers
- To maintain and run van stock for all installation teams, keeping records up to date.
- To attend site when required to assist Project Managers, installation teams and clients with any issues.
- Provide awareness of Quality and Environmental Policies to personnel working on sites on behalf of Coopers Fire Ltd and to comply with the Company’s Procedures and Policies
- Liaising with client on and off site
- Attend Project sites as required to carry out surveys, audits, supervise installers, attend design and planning meetings and Project handovers
- Management of the Coopers Audit Process – Reporting and improvement activities
- Carry out CAT team assessment and reviews
- Support Sub Contractor reviews
- Carry out such additional responsibilities as may be considered necessary by the Management
Must be flexible and willing to work at various locations and environments.
There may be a requirement to work out of hours, you may be required to stay away overnight on occasions (accommodation provided).
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of mechanical/electrical installation
- Construction Sector Experience
- Managing Construction Projects
- Ability to read drawings and interpret technical requirements
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Manufacturing knowledge
- Fire-related products for the construction industry
- Managing subcontractors.
The role requires a blend of energy, being customer-focused, excellent technical skills, a demonstrable track record of effective resolve & a “Can Do” attitude
- Good communicator
- Customer focus approach
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure
- Good people motivator
- Good negotiator
- IT literate
- Technically minded
- Team orientated
- Passion and pride in the work carried out and areas of responsibility
- Self-motivated, confident and resourceful.
Key Results Areas
- Customer Satisfaction – measured by for example feedback survey
- Number of return visits due to substandard work or installations
Please send a C.V. to:
HR Department Coopers Fire, Ignis House, Houghton Avenue, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO7 3DU. UK
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org