Job Title – EXPORT SALES MANAGER (FAR EAST)
Posted – 12th November 2020
Location – Waterlooville, Hampshire
Reports to: Head of Sales and Marketing
Job Type: Full Time
Summary of Role
To maximize order intake and sales at the required margins from the territory(s) by identifying new opportunities, generating leads and converting the leads into firm orders by way of excellent account management and back selling. This is achieved by building a valued relationship with ones distributor network, understanding the market, creating a good network of influencers, specifiers and order placers. Communicating internally customers’ present and future requirements e.g. features, challenges and lead times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Seek, research and develop new overseas opportunities for the company’s products and services.
- Progress all sales enquiries and make every effort to convert the lead into an order at the required margins.
- Collate and act upon relevant and meaningful market intelligence.
- Support and challenge the distributor network.
- Engage with designers, specifiers and contractors with a view to generating and/or converting a quotation.
- Carry out all quotation follow-up calls or contact via the use and management of the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Deliver excellent customer service, receive and process orders, and pass to the company’s commercial department.
- Assure the correct and relevant terms, conditions and scope of supply are in place.
- Utilise and contribute to the information held on the CRM to create new business and convert opportunities.
- Feedback to the business and CRM competitor activity.
- Identify new market opportunities for lead generation, new product development and potential business ventures.
- Support and liaise with the company’s estimating department relating to building design and construction contractor enquiries and quotation requests.
- Support and liaise with the company’s marketing department relating to requests for product information, web leads, PR opportunities and exhibitions/CPD opportunities.
- Carry out as required or necessary all sales and Continuous Professional Development (CPD) presentations.
- Carry out any sales and marketing administration duties when and where required by the company.
- Support visits by customers, designers and authority bodies to the company’s premises and/or reference sites.
- Ensure any orders won meet the margin requirements and the quote is unambiguous in what is and is not included in the price.
- Support any post order problem resolutions e.g. payments, schedule adherence when requested by other parts of the business.
- Carry out additional work responsibilities when considered necessary by the management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Business related or Technical qualification.
- Formal sales training.
- Results driven.
- Excellent account management.
- Good negotiator.
- Good communicator.
- Customer focus approach.
- High energy.
- Able to take pressure.
- Understanding and empathy with the construction industry.
- IT literate.
- Team player.
- Technically minded and /or practical.
- Passion and pride in the work carried out and areas of responsibility.
Key Performance Measures/Results Areas
- Customer satisfaction.
- Improved lead generation.
- Territory order intake and sales, quotation to order conversion.
- Quoted order margins.
Please send a C.V. and salary expectations to:
HR Department Coopers Fire, Ignis House, Houghton Avenue, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO7 3DU. UK
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org