Job Title – CAD Engineer
Posted – 14th January 2022
Location – Waterlooville, Hampshire
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Job Type: This is a full-time temporary contract position for 6 to 9 months, with the possibility for a permanent contract.
Summary of Role
Coopers Fire design, manufacture, install and service innovative and bespoke Smoke and Fire Curtains for buildings. Our mission is to save lives through quality and innovative products and to raise awareness of effective fire protection solutions.
Every day we put a lot of effort into making sure our colleagues are in an environment where they can work hard, be great and have fun along the way. Our values are Integrity, Pride and Passion, Teamship and Pioneering and we really mean it! We genuinely get excited when people are doing what they do best and are enjoying their day. We nurture and support our colleagues’ development, encourage and embrace each other’s opinions, challenge the status quo and always work together to lead the market through innovation and protect life.
We are looking to recruit a Solidworks CAD Engineer with a mechanical engineering background, for this role you will have at least 2 years’ experience as a Solidworks CAD Engineer.
Working closely with The Design Automation Engineer, the role will involve creating parts and assemblies from existing design data. The cleansed design data will be migrated into a PDM environment.
- Strong Modelling Skills (Solidworks) and production of technical drawings for manufacture
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Proficient in AutoCAD to interpret, ability to convert existing design data into parametric design data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Solidworks PDM Professional
- Understanding of sheet metal flat patterns & Solidworks Sheetmetal
- Has completed Solidworks Essentials Official Training
- Holds Solidworks Certification Associate
- Competitive salary – available upon request
- Free hot drinks
- Ample free onsite parking
- Early finish and dress-down Fridays
- Holiday allowance
- Company social events
- Friendly and supportive environment
- Holistic approach to work
- Working for a company who cares about you as an individual and not just a cog in the machine
Please send a C.V. to:
HR Department Coopers Fire, Ignis House, Houghton Avenue, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO7 3DU. UK
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org