Job Title – Buyer
Posted – 15th September 2021
Location – Waterlooville, Hampshire
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Summary of Role
This role is responsible for the timely purchase, supply and best cost of material used in Coopers goods. Reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that health and safety implications are considered when making purchasing decisions.
- Responsible for the day-to-day purchasing & timely supply of externally supplied material using various systems such as; order-to-allocation, kanban, vendor managed inventory, scheduled orders and spot orders.
- Responsible for ensuring that purchase orders are accurately raised with an appropriate price, delivery date & other coding required by the business.
- Supporting the department in ensuring that suppliers deliver on time and with appropriate quality
- Managing and reporting on any late supplier deliveries and expediting.
- Other general tasks to support Supply Chain Team improvement actions and to support other departments as necessary.
- The communication of any supply chain-related issues & opportunities to management.
- To carry out any additional responsibilities as may be considered necessary by the Supply Chain Manager or the Management team.
Skills and Experience
- Supply Chain Manufacturing experience, ideally in construction, with relevant commodity understanding (Sheet metal, Powder coat, PCB, Fabric etc)
- Significant negotiation experience of supplier pricing and terms
- Experienced in scheduling on production floors & balancing varying priorities
- Knowledge of best practice in Purchasing & Supplier management processes
- Able to build strong working relationships with colleagues & suppliers
- Good level of IT/ERP skill (Intermediate Excel, Sage50)
- Experience of converting a supply base to Kanban with supplier stock holding
- CIPS or similar qualification
- Commercially astute
- Tough-minded & tenacious
- Effective communicator & negotiator
- Acute attention to detail
- Thrives under pressure
- Customer-focused approach
- Self Motivated
This role is office based at Ignis House, Waterlooville and has no direct reports.
Please send a C.V. to:
HR Department Coopers Fire, Ignis House, Houghton Avenue, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO7 3DU. UK
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org