Job Title – brake press operator
Posted – 14th January 2022
Location – Waterlooville, Hampshire
Job Type: Full Time
Summary of Role
Coopers Fire design, manufacture, install and service innovative and bespoke Smoke and Fire Curtains for buildings. Our mission is to save lives through quality and innovative products and to raise awareness of effective fire protection solutions.
Every day we put a lot of effort into making sure our colleagues are in an environment where they can work hard, be great and have fun along the way. Our values are Integrity, Pride and Passion, Teamship and Pioneering and we really mean it! We genuinely get excited when people are doing what they do best and are enjoying their day. We nurture and support our colleagues’ development, encourage and embrace each other’s opinions, challenge the status quo and always work together to lead the market through innovation and protect life.
We are looking for a Brake Press Operator to join our manufacturing team.
Working within the Boxing department and reporting to the section team leader. Organising of pre-cut flat sheet material and folding to set production schedule. Identifying folded parts and maintaining job completion on the production schedule. Quality checking parts once delivered to ensure no issues prior to folding
duties and responsibilities
- Set, Program and Operate a Press brake machine and train future operators.
- Perform loading and unloading of material by changing tools and selecting machine programs.
- Finding correct tooling/program per set-up
- Responsible for personal quality control and make adjustments as necessary
- Clean and maintain work area and equipment.
- Liaise with Section team leader to ensure jobs are completed on time.
- Suggest ways of improving safe working practices (including material handling) quality and efficiency.
- Operate within safety guidelines and any operating procedures
- Complete necessary paper work.
- Read, understand and work from drawings
- Producing folded parts to drawings supplied, measuring with Vernier Caliper, Protractors etc.
- Highlight any stock shortage.
- Maintain General House Keeping, by keeping in work area clean and tidy
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures are followed and to maintain all quality systems in order to meet production targets.
Skills and Experience
- Min 5 years experience in relevant position in the metal industry
- General knowledge pertaining to the metal industry
- Mathematical ability, accurate in all areas
- Good team player, good communication skills
- Existing knowledge of Trumpf Press Brakes is beneficial
- Competitive salary – available upon request
- Free hot drinks
- Ample free onsite parking
- Early finish and dress-down Fridays
- Holiday allowance
- Company social events
- Friendly and supportive environment
- Holistic approach to work
- Working for a company who cares about you as an individual and not just a cog in the machine
Please send a C.V. to:
HR Department Coopers Fire, Ignis House, Houghton Avenue, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO7 3DU. UK
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org